A Picture of My Heart

pic·ture

noun \ˈpik-chər\
: a painting, drawing, or photograph of someone or something
: an idea of how something or someone looks, of what something is like, etc.
: a general situation

Pictures.  How many pictures do you take before it's good enough for someone else to see?  If you are anything like I am, you take 6 or 7 photos for every one that you share.  And you DEFINITELY don't share the ugly moments- the ones where your mascara is a little smudged or the ones where your kids are screaming or pitching a fit.  We rarely post those pictures on Facebook and we hardly ever print those photos to frame.  We only frame the images that are the prettiest, the best. 
But what if the frame is broken?  What if behind that smile is a broken heart?  Would you share that picture?  Probably not. 
Life isn't perfect.  Why do we feel the need to hide the scary and ugly moments of life?  It's like we are constantly lying to each other.  "How are you?"  "Oh, I'm fine! We're great!"  While inside you feel like you're dying.  I mean, granted, not everyone that asks how you are wants to know your laundry list of woes, but forget those people.  What about your close friends?  Are you lying to them also? 
I'm not just asking you, but asking myself as well.  I must admit, I am guilty of this.  I am guilty of only putting my best face forward.  I smile and say, "I'm ok" and sometimes I am, but at other times I pretend that I am and go on about my day, but eventually it all spills out.  Whether or not it spills in private, in public, or to my  husband, it has to get out or I'll explode.  I don't know if this is normal or not, but it's my normal.    Sometimes, I have really awesome picture perfect moments.  We all do, right?  Some moments are full of love and life, and they are the moments that are the highlights.  The great "facebook-status-worthy" moments.  The ones you (secretly) want everyone to be jealous of.  Those moments. Other moments, aren't that great.  The ones that I hide away and keep bottled up.  But I've been thinking...  What if my awful, ugly pictures would be something that someone else can relate to? 
Hence, my reason for beginning a blog.  My aim of this blog is to share a real picture- the amazing days and the ones that aren't just the "perfect pretty pictures" that are usually shared.  The good, the bad, and the sometimes ugly.  I don't know who will want to ride this emotional roller coaster with me, but I'm putting it out there just in case. Buckle up. 

Comments

  1. On the roller coaster with you friend, thank you for being real!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ch.. Ch.. Ch.. Changes